Friday, June 30, 2017

Friday Hunt, 2017.1.26

Ah, it is Friday and a favorite meme. Friday Hunt hosted by Teresa, is back for the week and the final letter of the alphabet. Which I covered :)

Begins with 'Z'. I found it with pics from 2010, the Zakim Bridge in Boston. More specifically, it is Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Memorial Bridge, carrying I-93 and US1 over the Charles river. I love the stylish design of this cable stayed bridge and its name allows for a 'Z' entry! And if you stick around to the end of the post...

Week's Favorite. To the untrained eye, it looks like a plate of cavatelli, broccoli and sausage. But we know better - it is Patti's next milestone. Her doctor at Yale-New Haven cleared her for restaurant meals again - yay! So we went to a local Ansonia favorite Rosa Mina for dinner last night. Although buffets and salad bars are still verboten, we were happy to follow doctor's orders!
Dessert. In a bit of luck, I found another 'Z', that being zeppoles at Ansonia's Lulu Pazzo Italiano. This pic was captured in April before the transplant surgery. These fried dough bits were amazing, and paired with a good cappuccino, a great way to end a fine meal. Looking forward to the next round of Friday Hunt!

4 comments:

  1. ... Zakim is a new one for me! I'm glad to hear that Patti is doing well. Zeppoles is also a new one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a really interesting bridge. I love the design. Glad to hear that Patti is allowed to go out to eat again! That meal looks scrumptious, but I am a big fan of Italian-style food. The zeppoles look really tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That meal and dessert look absolutely yummy! I'm glad that Patti is able to go to a restaurant again. How wonderful! I am praying for her complete healing and restoration.

    That looks like a pretty cool bridge. Very artistic design.

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bridge is amazing. I watched a documentary on bridges once, and I'm amazed any of them stay up. So glad to hear Patti is making more progress. That dessert looks delicious! Hope you had a great 4th of July! Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete