Friday, June 2, 2017

Friday Hunt, 2017.1.21

The weekend is here, so time again for a favorite meme, Friday Hunt, hosted by Teresa. Here are my look at today's clues.

Starts with 'V'. Well, the easiest 'V' in this case is my last name Villers. So I am taking a look at family pics from decades past for my pics of a variety of Villers...
1947, My Father, Ralph I Villers II, Steubenville, Ohio; behind Grandpa's 1946 Dodge 
1955, Grandpa, Ralph Villers, Steubenville, Ohio; his work vehicle, a 1955 Plymouth. Nicely dressed!
1962, Grandma, Agnes Villers, somewhere in Florida; Most people drove south back then, they in a 1962 Chrysler Newport
1977, myself, Ralph I. Villers III. In front of the defunct Marco Polo restaurant, E.Hartford, CT. Grandpa loved this place when he visited! 
Week's Favorite. On the Derby CT Green, a Civil War monument is undergoing renovation. Constructed in two stages by 18884, I like the flag and flower wreaths laid around it on Memorial Day. I wrote a brief history about it in today's Valley-Voice newsletter (another 'V' :)
Thanks Teresa for this fun meme!

7 comments:

  1. Nothing like some of the old photos for a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see the old B & W photos of your family and the old cars. HAve a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Ralph, "V" week sure is an easy one for you. I like the snapshot of Grandpa, Ralph Villers, in Steubenville, Ohio (I've been there) and his 1955 Plymouth. Nicely dressed, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great vintage photos - you have so many interesting family photos over time. It's neat to see how your name has been carried on over generations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great old family photos! I always enjoy seeing how life looked in other times. Nice the monument is getting some care. Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting photos, nice that a car of the era was included, along with the Villers. Nice depiction of a slice of life at the time.

    ReplyDelete