Friday, June 23, 2017

Friday Hunt, 2017.1.25

The week seems to move with alacrity and so it is Friday and time for Teresa's fun foto meme Friday Hunt. And away we go!

Starts with 'Y'. Like last week's letter, 'Y' has few words beginning with it, and I found one. But if we can bend the rules, New York City contains 'Y', so I'll start there. The year is 1957, the day Easter and here is Grandma Agnes and Aunt Terry in Manhattan for the Easter Parade. To the left is the skating rink at Rockefeller Center and to the right is Terry by the Channel 11 truck. I like the flying saucer hat on her and pencil skirt - she was a stylish 15 at the time...

This of course is a rare double yolk
Week's Favorite. The medical professionals at the Yale-New Haven Transplantation center gave her the okay to start driving again (around town, no highways). So she posed behind the wheel in her Chevy Sonic. The smile is genuine :)
Splash. Our then eight year old son offers us a splash in a hotel pool on vacation in 1999. This pool would be a treat in today's heat and humidity!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Wow!! Those nYc pictures are precious. I suppose you inherited them. The city in that part hasn't changed much.
    I'm sure Patti is glad to be driving, more than any of us, but it makes me very happy to see her BIG smile.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those New York shots are great. I especially love their hats. And the gloves...what a classy style. Beautiful. :)

    I am glad that your wife is able to drive again. You're both in my prayers.

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Ralph, it's so good to hear that all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that Patti has progressed to driving again - hooray! I love the flying saucer hat on those charming vintage photographs. It looks like it could just lift off at any moment. Double yolker - what luck! I used to see those from time to time when I had hens but I haven't got any at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the old fashions! I rarely see double yolked eggs, even with all the ones I get from my chickens. Glad to hear Patty continues to improve. The pool does look refreshing. Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete