Friday, June 9, 2017

Friday Hunt, 2017.1.22

The sun is out this Friday in Ansonia (finally) and is a fine metaphor for a favorite meme, Friday Hunt, hosted by Teresa. My version of her clues are as follows...

Starts with 'W'. Naturally, watercolors begin with this week's favorite letter
Another is West Hartford, CT along I-84
Finally, there is Window, this one at the 1889 Sterling Opera house in Derby CT
Week's Favorite. We were at Yale-New Haven Hospital for Patti's weekly visit with her transplantation team. This is a look out the window while we were in the waiting room. The doctors, APRN's and social workers on the team are fantastic, so the simple view of a great hospital is my favorite.
Pastel. I go with Pink, here on the sign at Tickled Pink in Seymour, CT. Thanks again for hosting this meme Teresa!

6 comments:

  1. Sorry if you get this comment twice, something went freaky on this computer.

    That is a beautiful old window!

    Tickled Pink looks like it would be a fun shop to visit. I love the sign.

    Have a blessed weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Ralph, I hope that all is well with your bride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful window - I love the parts with the circle in the glass. The Tickled Pink sign is very attractive - I'd go into that shop! Watercolours - what a fun hobby! Do you paint?! I haven't seen your paintings on this blog I don't think, at least not on Friday's hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your "W's", Ralph. Window is perfect. I don't think I've ever used it. "X" will be a bugger, maybe I ought to wait to see what you do and copy. :)
    I didn't know about Patti's kidney transplant until tonight. I am glad she is getting along fine with it. We have some wonderful medical workers. I had suspicions about it when I read here about the weekly visits with her team. I searched back and found your Friday, May 19, 2017, post telling about the surgery. I had two uncles in Oregon who did a transplant, one a donor, the other a recipient. It all worked out fine also.
    BTW, Mrs. Jim is a social worker, both medical and educational. She worked at M.D. Anderson here and did like Pattie's does. They help make the process go smoother by helping with situations that come up, with making sure the patient and family know what is going on, what the doctors want and why, even helping the out of town folks find affordable and comfortable housing, and a lot more.
    We'll pray for her and you all. Tell Patti that I want her to behave and don't over do.
    Oh yes, the part time school job sounds really good. I hope this will work out as long as you want to do it.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear everything is going well with Patty. Such a scary thing to go through. I like that simple image of the watercolors too. Very nice. Pretty pink sign. Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watercolors are always fun. Antiques, and a coffee shop? I need to come check that out! Hope Patti got a good report and is doing well.

    ReplyDelete