Friday, February 24, 2017

Friday Hunt, 2017.1.8

Friday returns and a favorite blog meme does so as well, Teresa’s Friday Hunt. Without further ado, here are mine…


Starts with H. I choose Connecticut’s capitol city, Hartford. This views were taken by Passenger Patti along Interstate 91 North near downtown a few years ago.
The next 'H' is Hyundai and this was our goodbye to our 2003 Hyundai Elantra, a faithful beast for 13 years - until its transmission quit. It owed us nothing and a rebuilt unit was $1,800+. So we said our farewells and likely used the $75.00 we received at a restaurant toasting its life (and its replacement Chevy Sonic...)
Week's Favorite. We attended the grand opening of a new eatery in our small city of Ansonia, Lulu Pazzo Italiano. Of course, there was food for the guests and this spread was a tasty favorite with stuffed hot green cherry peppers, parmesan chunks, mortadella, shrimp, tortellini, olives and lots more. A feast for eye as well as palate…
Chiaroscuro or shadow. On the same road trip to the capital city, this road runs under the city’s library as we exit the portal - a shadow enters or exits the portal, depending if you are entering or exiting. Thanks Teresa for this week’s clues :)

6 comments:

  1. Interesting mix of photos here, Ralphie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Hartford a few time, it's a nice place. Years ago I heard the saying " friends don't let friends drive Hyundais." Nice spread! I hope that you weren't driving when you took the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We drove 'past' Hartford also abour 30 years ago also on our way from NYC to my 1960's home in Manchester. Our schedule didn't allow for us to stop. If we did I would have visited the AARL headquarters as I have a long radio membership there. I've had my Ham Radio license for 56 years, K1TLT.
    Transmissions are the killers of a lot of cars. I sold my 1967 Plymouth for $100 because of a serious, quart a ride, transmission leak. The fellow added a lot of transmission Stop Leak and it straightened up.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, tunnel! Perfect for chiaroscuro! I'm trying to use that word three times to make it mine. ;) Bye bye little car, hope you are pleased with your new Sonic. That's quite a welcome at the new restaurant. City skylines are so alike, yet so different. Thanks for sharing Hartford with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that is a wonderful spread of food for your new eatery! I hope they are successful. It's hard to run a successful restaurant these days. Well done on the Hyundai - they seem to be better in quality than when they started out. I definitely love that shot coming out of the tunnel - definitely an interesting play of light and shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like quite the delicious way to celebrate the opening of the new eatery! Yum! Great cityscape of Hartford. I love the last shot with the light and shadow and reflection. Perfect! Thanks for participating in Friday's Hunt. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete