Friday, February 3, 2017

Friday Hunt, 2017.1.5

Friday returns so we are ready for Teresa's fun photo meme, Friday Hunt. In week 5 of 2017, she provides the following clues...

Begins with 'E'. Here would be the Equestrian event at Santa Anita Park in August 1984 at the Olympics in Los Angeles. This equine cleared the hurdle nicely! 
Vehicular 'E's include a nice 1964 Chevrolet El Caminocapturing myself in my 'directors chair'; To the right is the 'gunsight' fender ornament on a 1959 Edsel, its failure costing Ford Motor Co. a $250 million loss ($2 Billion today). Despite the business fail, it is a magnificent 'E' and cool car!
Week's Favorite: Patti captured this Cardinal landing in the forsythia by the house Wednesday after a snowfall. With his tail still moving, it is my February favorite...
Personal. A print taken on 1 January 1989, it is me with firstborn Allegra before her trip home from the hospital. Thanks for the  meme Teresa!


6 comments:

  1. I loved all your images to illustrate the letter E especially the red Cardinal with his tail fanned out. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of equestrian events - how exciting for you to have seen an Olympic event in person! I'm "E"nvious! The cardinal is a beautiful shot - my favourite too! Looks like Allegra was certainly ready for the festive season upon her arrival - what a cute shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cardinal is stunning! Is your Forsythia already blooming? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ralph, I like your flying horse. "E"l Camino and Edsel works for we. Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The horse shot is fabulous! I would dearly love to attend an equestrian event like that. Great captures with the cars. The cardinal is always a cheerful sight this time of year. Wonderful personal memory. Thanks so much for joining in Friday's Hunt. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never ridden a horse, but I can't help but wonder if they have good shock absorbers in their suspension--that's bound to be a hard landing! That's a shiny El Camino. That cardinal shot is fabulous with the movement of the tail feathers. Sweet baby Allegra. :D

    ReplyDelete