Saturday, July 29, 2017

Shadow Shot Sunday - Shelton History Center




I like vintage - in lots of things, especially old cars and buildings. So for Shadow Shot Sunday 2, I go back a couple of weeks to a car show at the Shelton (CT) History Center. The architecture is great including the 1872 Trap Falls Schoolhouse, 1822 Brownson House, 1860 Wilson Barn and the (unknown) tool shed showcase history without and with shadows. Of course, the much newer (but still old :) cars draw me in as always. I like the custom 1956 Ford F-100 truck, the red 1959 Edsel (I have seen since 2009 and even posted about it back then) but my favorites were two: the restored 1957 milk truck and a gorgeous Pink 1957 Ford Thunderbird that includes Betty Boop. It was a hot day with enough shade for a brief cool-down). Plenty of shadows to enjoy with the history...

The scenes and day were just right for an article in our Valley-Voice newsletter

3 comments:

  1. Wow-those buildings and cars are all so col! And Betty Boop! It's like time travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great place to visit on a summer afternoon, Ralph. Thanks for the shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the "Sueet" T-Bird, Ralph. From what I could see the cars were mostly Fords. I'd have loved to visited.
    ..

    ReplyDelete