Friday, July 14, 2017

Friday Hunt 2017.2.2

The change in weather from hot and humid yesterday to cool and rainy today was noticeable, yet it is perfect day for another post in Teresa's fun meme Friday Hunt. The prompts await...

Starts with 'B'. I thought that Beach was a perfect 'B', and here are three pics from a family vacation on Cape Cod, at two beaches in the town of Barnstable at (Craigville and Kalmus). Warm days along Nantucket Sound with warm waters for New England (73°F) / 23°C). I am in a beach chair, the children are in and out of the water - I'd still give the Cape beaches a tip of the hat today...
Out of Balance. I think, anyway. These BMX riders are at a program at a school in neighboring Seymour. I think they are moving as they are with speed and inertia. They landed well each time even if a bit unbalanced
Door. Here is another look back. It is August 2001 and we were at a static display of two WWII era bombers, a B-17 and a B-24. Here, Allegra took a pic of Cameron and myself through the bomb bay doors. A unique perspective!


7 comments:

  1. Nice pictures, Ralph. I like the older ones you post. The flying bicycle is great. When we lived in New Hampshire we liked going to the beaches. The water was cold but we didn't know any better. Here along the Texas Gulf Coast the water is a lot warmer, warm enough to swim comfortably. This week it was 90F. Great picture at the B17 door. Too late now, but I have a similar one of me at the door of the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile. My door is an old barn door for this week. Barn too for the "B".
    ..
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those BMX riders are real daredevils and they are certainly unbalanced in the air but I'm glad to hear they landed safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would end up with every single bone in me broken if I tried doing what those BMX riders are doing. But, it sure looks exciting!

    That is a cool shot with the bomber. Those old planes were great! We saw a documentary quite some time ago about the WWII bombers, the Memphis Belle and many others. What cool planes and stories to go with them!

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are great action shots of the BMX riders - perfect for unbalanced! I think it would be scary to do that. The beach looks like great fun. I don't often go to the beach but sometimes I do in the spring or fall for a walk on the sand. I tend to stay away in summer when it's really busy. This year they have been keeping people off the beach (well, out of the water) due to bacterial levels in the water being too high. Not much fun for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bike shots are great! I am always amazed at how they do that stuff. Crazy! The beach would be perfect to visit about now. We've been really hot and humid. Nice view through the doors. Thanks so much for joining in Friday's Hunt. Hope you have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure I could watch my kids ride BMX! How does one avoid a heart attack? LOL Looks like nice beach weather, and that is a cool shot through the bomb bay doors.

    ReplyDelete