Friday, July 28, 2017

Friday Hunt 2017.2.4

Friday arrives as does a favorite meme, Friday Hunt hosted by Teresa. The prompts are intriguing, and I am ready!

Starts with D. I have chosen a vehicle that starts with ‘D’: Dodge. In fact, I have owned a few, and Grandpa had many of them too. Clockwise from left: Grandpa’s 1947 Dodge with Dad and Aunt Terry, likely on US 40; My first new vehicle, a 1979 Dodge Omni late that year; my second Dodge and first wheelchair driver vehicle, a 1989 Dodge B250 4/20/1996; My current ride, a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan with Braun wheelchair conversion. A bunch/flock/gaggle of ‘D’s...
Favorite. This is an old pic posted before that I had to capture. The scenario is sitting in the starboard side of Delta flight 674 - on 3 January 1981, about 6:45 AM between Atlanta and Philadelphia. The old Canon rangefinder captured the winter sun starting to rise. This is a bit pixelated perhaps, but a favorite of mine.
Photographer’s choice. In 1983, I captured a friendly Dog named Brandy, a nice golden retriever drying off after a swim in Big Stony Lake in northwest Minnesota. She looks to have enjoyed the water, and I am partial to the blurry canoe approaching the shore. A nice dog, day and memory!

6 comments:

  1. Love seeing all the old cars adn that shot ffrom the plane is goegeous Ralph. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Ralph, O can always count on you to have some great vintage photos. Your favorite is a favorite! A nice dog, day and memory, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post, I like both the dog and the Dodges, Ralph. People have various reasons for liking a certain make of cars. Quality and family tradition just a lot. I've had one Plymouth, a 1977 Volare wagon and a 1984 Dodge 6oo convertible. Both treated us very nicely. Dad only drove Fords and I worked for Ford 17 years. Still have two Mustangs, a 1974 and a 1998. But now we drive General Motors stuff.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these photos are great, but I especially love the one of your grandpa and aunt and the dog at the end. I think the blurred canoe is a great touch!

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Dodge Omni - seeing the back end of that car made me remember actually seeing them on the roads. It's been a loooong time since I've seen one though. Great picture of your grandfather and aunt - she was a cutiepie! The sky shot from the aircraft is beautiful - made me remember flights to England taken in my youth when we would occasionally see the Northern lights. Sky shots from the air can be wonderful, but I'm a terrified flier these days and can't even look out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great assortment of Dodges. And I thought your D was going to be Delaware. :-) Love the image of the dog. Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Sorry I'm so late to visit this week.

    ReplyDelete