Friday, November 25, 2016

Friday Hunt 2016-2.22

It is Friday, and time for the next installment of Friday Hunt, Teresa's fun clue meme. Here are mine for the week:

Starts with 'V'. Of course, the obvious for me is Villers. This pic was taken at a family vacation on the Jersey Shore barrier island of Brigantine, July 1969. It is the entire Villers clan at the time, from Ralph and Agnes (lower right), my father (center) and his sister, our Aunt Terry (holding baby). For my grandparents, they had only two children they had 13 grandkids (Terry's sixth was born in 1971). Cool pic and like a few weeks ago, the late '60s style is seen. I'm wearing the gold blazer - where's the chain?
Week's Favorite: Patti wrote an article for Tuesday's Valley-Voice newsletter about local sports aficionado Rich Marazzi was hosting a talk about his book about the Historic Yale Bowl. This is my fave today as we see the screen, we barely see Mr. Marazzi and we see the laptop image of the slide. I like the layered look of this presentation...
Thanks: I am very thankful for our family, the four of us together. On the left is the first day of school in 1996. Third and first grades, always good kids. Alas, they do grow up, but we were all together for Thanksgiving yesterday. Thanks to Teresa for hosting this meme too :)

7 comments:

  1. What a neat picture of your whole clan - your family is far bigger than mine! I only have 5 relatives - my parents and 3 first cousins. A very small family. I love the frilled ruffles on the dress of the girl in the lower left corner. Snazzy gold blazer! I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving holiday with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ralph, what a flashy dresser you were! I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you and all your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The 60'ephotograph is wonderful and you certainly knew how to dress smartly. Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking family, Ralph. Really good picture too!! It was good that yours could be together. We have five kids but they all left town this year. Mrs. Jim and I ate at our local Luby's Cafeteria. I think Teresa is wanting to host again next year. I probably will miss the very last of this one.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are sweet photos of your family. Thank goodness for cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see the old family pictures. Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving with the whole family. Thanks for joining Friday's Hunt. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great family shots. It's always fun to see the hair and clothes of the time.

    ReplyDelete