Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday Hunt 2016-2.20

It is Friday and time again for Teresa's fun meme, Friday Hunt. She provides the clues and we happily make the hunt for the pics that meet the meme theme...

Starts with 'T': I am going retro for the first pic, my Aunt Terry at home in Steubenville Ohio. I guess this is 1956 or 1957, in front of a massive Christmas Tree with copious amounts of Tinsel. Grandpa loved tinsel, and lots of it!

Also with a 'T' is truck, a beautifully restored 1951 Chevrolet 3100 pickup I captured at a local car show

Week's Favorite: Back to retro and a photo recently found, also of my Aunt Terry. This is Easter Sunday 1957, near the famous Easter Parade. NYC Channel 11, WPIX, I believe was owned by the NY Daily News in those days.

Rule of three. Not being a photographer by trade, I am unsure of what it actually is. Capturing photo frames from the same vantage point? Here are three rows of two pics taken by the always lovely Patti in Paris with our daughter on a school trip in February 2004. If not exactly of the rule, it is a great urban sequence. Follow the white van traveling from right to left. Thanks again Teresa!


6 comments:

  1. Ralph, hands down that red Chevy truck is the winner for me. It doesn't get any better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your 1951 Chevy pickup, Ralph. Old Red pickups are great to have or to take pictures of. Thank you.
    Patti did good in Paris taking those pictures. And that Humongress Christmas tree picture is really great.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby had a '57 Chevy in that same shade of red. If you've been to a few of the blogs you might have picked up that the rule of thirds is about placement of the subject in the frame. My mother was a big fan of tinsel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a lot of tinsel! When I was little my mom used to teach me that it was important to focus on handmade ornaments on the tree, and so we didn't have much tinsel. I used to secretly envy my friends whose trees were all covered in tinsel. Now that I'm older, I have reverted to the handmade tradition again. I would love to visit that Charcutier in Paris - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a huge tree--and a LOT of tinsel. My mom liked tinsel, too. Nothing like a little red step-side. That one looks nicely redone. I enjoyed your photos, seeing your Aunt Terry and the styles of her day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the old family photos. That tree really is decked out with tinsel! Great old truck! Love the urban traffic series. Lots of fun. Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete