Friday, June 1, 2018

The Weekend Roundup - 'V'

Friday is here, so it is time again for Tom's fun meme The Weekend Roundup.  Given my surname (Villers), this week's letter fits very well!

Starts with 'V'. Here is my dad, Ralph Villers II, in March 1970 deplaning from an early 747 flight at JFK Airport. He is carrying Voluminous flight and souvenir bags too!
How about a Villers (me) on Vacation at Cape Cod. The town of Barnstable (including Hyannis) beach lifeguards are very nice, not only assisting me into the beach wheelchair, but pushing that wheelchair onto the beach with smiles. Here is Craigville Beach on Nantucket Sound.
On another Vacation on the Cape, this seagull caught our eye. I had a proper parking permit - did he?
Another 'V' is Volkswagen. This is the best car I ever owned (before my wheelchair vans), a 1982 VW Rabbit with a manual transmission. With good tires, it was a blast to drive!
A favorite. Patti captured this on Memorial Day, The Derby CT Public Library. Opened in 1902 and expanded in the same style in 2000, it is a favorite of mine.
Violet. Here is a violet sunset out of the back window of our Ansonia home last November. Another great set of prompts Tom!

5 comments:

  1. Love that violet sky! I have a Volkswagen, too. A favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Ralph, you nail 'V' this week. You always have a leg up with 'V'illers. Love that 'V'iolet sunset! Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your week,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ralph, Fun and varied views of things that begin with V. What a fun shot of your father!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ralph, Great "V" photos! Love the violet sky! I also posted a VW, lol...seems several of us did. It's not mine, but I've had three of them. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very nuce "V" letter post. As usual for you, Ralph, sooo interesting. I think it is great that your beach has special facilities and even furnishes wheel chairs for those needing. I haven't heard of our beaches here doing that. Our Gulf Coast frontage is ftom Louisiana to Mexico, about 700 miles. Our Galveston Beach water is 84F this week.
    I have always like VW's. The only one I owned was a 1962 off white Bug with a folding back large sunroof. I paid $500 in 1967 for it and a John boat with a 7hp motor and a popup camper trailior with a boat rack. I gave the car away in the mid 70's and the rest in 1999.
    ..

    ReplyDelete