Friday, January 26, 2018

The Weekend Roundup 'D'

Friday is here so it is time again for a great meme, The Weekend Roundup, hosted by Tom. The letter 'D' is this week's letter, and I have a few! Let us begin...
Starts with 'D'. Of course, my ride is a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan with a Braun wheelchair conversion. Suitably modified, it is my current four-wheel steed! 
Dodge vehicles are not exclusive to me (although I did own a 1979 Dodge Omni and 1989 Dodge B250 van previously). My Grandpa drove Dodge cars from 1936 to 1976). Here is Easter Sunday 1947 with my Dad (age 19) leaning on Grandpa's 1947 Dodge on Oregon Avenue in Steubenville, Ohio.
Patti captured this last week, it was a beautiful day on the town green of our neighboring town of Derby, Connecticut. It was a lovely Winter day if very cold - and this is my Favorite pic this week!
Finally, we have Ducks on the Housatonic River in Shelton Connecticut. This pic was taken on a warm day awhile ago - I wish it was as nice and warm as this today!
Details. I captured this wheel from wheelchair height on a 1936 Dodge at a local car show. The wheel is fully detailed with whitewalls and trim rings. Further details are seen in the brilliant chrome hub cap. Can you spot the photographer? 

6 comments:

  1. ...'D'elightful, Ralph. It's interesting how car brands stick with families, I guess that I'm a Ford guy. Your 'D'ad sure was a dapper fellow in 1947. Often a clear blue sky can make a cold winter day look nicer that it really is. Nice selfie, wide white walls and moon hubcaps will never go out of style for me. Thanks for stopping by, I hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dodges rule!! Nice pictures of them, Ralph. I've never had a Dodge, but did have a 76 Plymouth Valare and a 1981 Chrysler. They both went and went.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great memes for the Roundup "D" weekend! I've collected many license plates over the years, so I especially like that old 1947 vanity plate from Ohio. RV is my husbands initials, and when texting to him and the family, it's always the way I refer to him, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ralph That is a super detail and reflection image and I love th shot of our Pop. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the black and white of your dad. Beautiful shot of Derby! Good choices and photos for D!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shot of your Dad - he was a handsome man! I love the ducks - they always put a smile on my face when I see them at the waterfowl park near here. I like the way the Dodge hubcap acts as a mirror of sorts - clever picture!

    ReplyDelete