Friday, January 19, 2018

The Weekend Roundup "C"

Friday is here so it is time again for a great meme, The Weekend Rounduphosted by Tom. The letter 'C' is featured prominently today and is where we begin...

Starts with 'C'. Here is the entrance Union Congregational Church in Rockville, Connecticut. Its windows and arches are Circular in style.
The next 'C' is Crowded. These pics were taken in August 2007 when we were bringing our daughter back for her sophomore year at the University of Hartford. Although my ford E150 van was big, there was lots of stuff. I had to get into the driver's seat first so my wheelchair could be used for space. Note her computer between the front seats. Believe it or not, four other passengers made the trip too!
Obviously, our furry family feline (aka: Cat) Linus McDonald is seemingly in a trance as he sits in a open box.
Clouds. Our daughter captured these clouds from a 737 over the mid-Atlantic seaboard, perhaps as it gets ready to land in Raleigh. Nice wispy clouds hopefully meant a smooth descent minus any bumps...
Week's Favorite. It was cloudy all day but enough sun allowed for a colorful sunset view out our living room windowon Tuesday.

5 comments:

  1. ...Ralph, lots of 'C's with the gorgeous 'C'hurch! Looks like you 'C'ould go in the moving and 'C'arting business. What a great shot of that wing. Wonderful sunset, we had a great one tonight, but I was driving and there just wasn't a good spot to pull over and take some shots. Thanks for being here this, I hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love th church windows and your cat but the sunset beats them all. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty sunset, Ralph. It is a fun but rather sad day when you take your daughter's stuff off to college. That's a little sad because she is going off with it. I never knew about taking boy's stuff because our kids had cars that they worked to pay for and could take their own stuff.
    You can show Linus anytime for me. Thank you, I like cats but we've only had one in our 45 years of marriage. And I found it to bring home, she was in a box in front of the grocery store.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and fun collection of C's! I remember scenes like those transporting kids to new places. :) Visiting from Tom's Weekend Roundup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot of the architectural style at that church - lovely windows. What a full load on the van for that trip! I love the cloud shot but it makes me a bit nervous to look at it because I'm not good with flying. I'd rather look at clouds from the ground!

    ReplyDelete