Friday, October 27, 2017

Friday Hunt 2017.2.17 - Queens Borough

It has been an interesting week so far so I am ready for Teresa’s fun meme, Friday Hunt

Tuesday, our daughter Allegra and I travelled to Brooklyn to pick Cameron up at Kings County Hospital, his discharge at 8 P.M. We left home much earlier this rainy day with the typically thick NYC traffic. But it was worth it - our house is already set for my wheelchair so is perfect for him and his walker to recuperate (bear no weight on his right foot for 3 months!)

This week’s first prompt is Starts with ‘Q’. I requested that Allegra take pics on the road. So I am using the NYC Borough of Queens as my 'Q’. Our family lived in Bayside, Queens twice between 1957-1962, and remembered it as a good place to live as a kid. The first is on the Clearview Expressway in Bayside. This shows the 42nd Ave. footbridge, a bridge I walked across a lot when I was little. Next to it is on the Long Island Expressway and the message sign says QMT - which is the Queens-Midtown Tunnel...

Still on the way just before the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway, the BQE to the locals. I do not like this 1939 road, but it was the only way to go. At least the Manhattan skyline views from the BQE are cool. Finally, the final pic shows four of the five Villers children in 1962 in front of our apartment at 203-42nd Avenue in Bayside Queens. Odd what one remembers from over five decades...


Orange. I believe the carrots, cheese and some of the tomatoes on this large appetizer board are...
Animal. I can only think of one, furry, funny family feline Linus McDonald captured by Patti with these glowing eyes for Halloween. A real animal who sleeps too much to really act like one :)

3 comments:

  1. What a great glowing kitty eye shot. I always enjoy your "vintage" photographs from your childhood. You were a cute group of kids. :)

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed visiting last week - so busy! I am now hungry after looking at that fabulous finger-food board. Yum! I have never been to Queens, but maybe I will visit someday!

    ReplyDelete