Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday Hunt 2017.2.15

The seasonal weather is changing, but not the fun Friday meme Friday Hunt, hosted by Teresa.

Starts with ‘O’. I have a few and some could be linked to a city or town too. The first is Ohio, and in this shot, probably taken in 1977 is Grandpa holding two license plates from 1937 (40th year?), his Ohio license tag and I believe his Ohio radio license. Grandpa was 75 in 1977 who lived in the city of Steubenville, Ohio…
Then there is Omaha, Nebraska. First, my sister Michele in 1964 (age 10) who with my grandparents visited My Aunt Terry in the Missouri River city.
Another Omaha shot was taken by me in 1983 visiting my sister who was in the USAF (SAC HDQ., Offutt AFB). Unknown to me, two houses away was a park at President Gerald Ford’s birthplace. Just a little neighborhood park that was a great find...
Purple. Two with a purple hue (to my mind at least :). First pic was taken at the Jones Family Farm Winery in Shelton CT. Nice lavender flowers.
This one was taken on our patio this summer. I can’t explain it, the the wine bottle in the late afternoon is a pic Patti and I love - perhaps it was a warm but not humid day with a tasty grilled meat and red wine just relaxing on a great day. The label on the bottle looks purple. Nice prompts this week!

3 comments:

  1. ...once again Ralph, you are able to dig up such neat vintage photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post, Ralph. Looks like your granddad's call was W1HD. Are you a ham? My Ham call is K1TLT and I got it down at the Boston FCC office in 1961. Omaha is a nice place too, I was born up in the hills 40 miles to the north. Weird, your purple wine bottle label.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fish on your tealight candle holder! The lavender flowers are beautiful - I'd like to have more of it in my garden!

    ReplyDelete