Friday, April 7, 2017

Friday Hunt, 2017.1.14

Where'd the week go? The always lovely Patti and I had this odd flu/cold combo that occupied the past seven days. Luckily, I am feeling much better this Friday, perfect for participating in this week's Friday Hunt. Here are my contributions to today's fun meme...

Starts with 'N'. I choose three looks at our neighbor state of New York - and the city of the same name, a place I like to visit on occasion, but prefer the slightly quieter Connecticut suburb in which we live :)

First is entering the Empire State on the Hutchinson River Parkway South. Yes, that is a plush bear sitting on the dashboard with a panoramic view of the road
Next is a look at the skyline of The City, Manhattan (the other four Boroughs of the city, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island, all agree that Manhattan is The City of New York). I believe this is Easter Sunday 1961 with my father  and his sister (aka: Aunt Terry) on a roof surrounded by the always impressive skyline
Here is another look at the NYC skyline, much newer, taken from the Brooklyn side on a day where the snow ended and the sun is trying to break through
Week's Favorite and Blue. Both are favorites and both are blue. So...let's look at the sunset sky after a day of driving rain and wind. Or the Blue Jay stalking around the forsythia. Both are perfect in either category so I'll use both. Thanks again Teresa!


4 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty drive, the Hutchinson River Parkway South. Once when we left NYC we went out that way and drove up to Boston that way. We had been staying at a Comfort Inn at 9th Street and Ninth Avenue. We were close to the Parkway there also. Last Spring we caught a cruise ship docked near there on the Hutchison. Your folks made a good looking couple. I think they are about my age. We left our four kids at home in New Hampshire when we came to visit NYC in 1962. (We now have five kids.)
    Ralph, I really enjoyed reading this post, it brought back some memories for me. Also I am glad that you and Patti have recovered from the flu and colds. A terrible rough combination to have to endure.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...parts of "N"ew York that I know next to nothing about! Your Blue Jay does it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great images of NY! Love the vintage one. The blue jay and blue sky are both nice sights as well. I do hope you and your lovely Patti are feeling better by now. Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not been to NY--until now. ;) Lovely sky and Jay. Glad you and Patti are feeling better. Our daughter's family passed the flu around the last couple of weeks. All nine of them.

    ReplyDelete