Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday Hunt, 2017.1.13

It is a rainy, windy and cold Friday in Southern New England - so safely ensconced inside, it is time for this week's edition of Teresa' fun photo meme Friday Hunt. Following are my look at this week's clues...

Starts with 'M'. There is Maryland, the seventh state of the Union and also, curiously, the Mason-Dixon Line which is a demarcation between Maryland and Pennsylvania and Delaware. This was taken along US-1 in August 2000 on a family vacation. Note that our destination was Lancaster PA, but wanting the kids enter a few more states, we took a more circuitous route that included Delaware and Maryland - too bad we couldn't include these additional states in their passports...
Week's Favorite. Patti and our daughter Allegra attended an Easter egg decorating class. This is a nice example of a well-designed egg and the candle that melted the beeswax.

Water. This is the small Saybrook Breakwater Lighth that lies at the confluence of the Connecticut River and Long Island Sound at Old Saybrook, CT. Lots of briny seawater here. Thanks Teresa!

6 comments:

  1. I rode along with you here, Ralph. We've crossed the Dixie line but I've never seen a sign like your find. When we need a stamp in our passports we buy a postal stamp and let the P.O. people stamp it. Have done that for any states though, just countries. We've been to all 50 so it would have made a nice travel log. Come visit, I'll be here for your "N".
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Ralph, you covered "M" "M"ighty well. Such nice, fancy Easter eggs! I like the Saybrook Breakwater Light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particularly love the last shot with the Lighthouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so late with my comments this week - way too much work on my desk! I love the picture of the decorated egg - I used to do that craft with my mom when I was younger, and it's so difficult to get the lines straight with the little wax tool. We had a lot of fun trying it though. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The egg is really pretty. That would be a lot of fun to do. I love the lighthouse image! Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maryland is a beautiful state. That is a lovely egg. Lighthouses are always a winner!

    ReplyDelete