Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday Hunt, 2017.1.4

It is Friday (yay :) and time for this week's version of Teresa's fun meme Friday Hunt. She suggests the the message and we happily comply in today's iteration...

Starts with 'D' I've chosen a very obvious one here, that being the vehicles named Dodge. I currently own one, a 2008 Grand Caravan setup to carry a wheelchair and I can drive (in he 2015 Ansonia Memorial Day Parade)
The next being my very first wheelchair van, a full-sized 1989 Dodge B250, the day after I purchased it, April 21, 1996. Monstrous and fuel thirsty (12-14 MPG), but a small cost for freedom and independence...






A superb hubcap, wheel, whitewall and shadow from a beautifully restored 1936 Dodge that I captured (and am captured within) from Wheelchair height. 
Week's Favorite. There is a new portable ice rink in ansonia, and although it has been too warm for ice, the city of Ansonia is accepting donated ice skates so those less fortunate can skate on the rink. Ansonia Mayor Dave Cassetti is very enthusiastic, our friend Phyllis is facilitating the donations and Patti publicized it in our Thursday Valley-Voice newsletter. Pictured here are the containers of skates at Ansonia City Hall. Just need a few days of frigid temps to open up the rink...
Close Up. Someone took my pic with the bridge of my nose in 2009 I think. Thanks again for this week's fun, Teresa!

4 comments:

  1. "D"odge "D"oes it up well, how wheels have changed over the years. I these parts skating on natural ice is on thin ice. "D"arn nice eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your "D" cars, Ralph. I have a couple of Dodges on my post. Also I've had one, an '84 Dodge 600 Convertible. It was well used, but a nice car. The Mitsubitsy engine was a little work horse. You hubcap find is great, I liked the 30's cars. Love it too that your mayor has collected skates for the rink. Seems around my old home in the Midwest that the ice gets good after New Year. "The Nose"?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautifully restored hubcap - a lot of work went into that. Your wheelchair vans are great - what a wonderful adaptation of those vehicles to allow for freedom and independence, as you mentioned. The donated skates are also great - we have a lot of ponds in our area where kids go skating and play ice hockey, but nothing organized like yours. I think you have your eye(s) on us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of Dodge vehicles! Nice to be able to have that freedom. It is nice to have the collection for ice skating. Hope you get a few days of cold to allow them to be put to good use. Nice close up shot! Thanks for joining Friday's Hunt. Sorry I'm so late visiting this week.

    ReplyDelete