Friday, January 20, 2017

Friday Hunt, 2017.1.3

Friday returns and a favorite meme, Friday Hunt hosted by Teresa. She offers the clues, and we respond...

Starts with 'C'.I chose late navy pilot and astronaut Eugene Cernan, who passed away this week - the last person to walk on the moon in 1972...
I believe this publicity pic was from 1965. Here is the gentleman in 1965 or so. My father worked in public relations for the rocket motor manufacturer United Aircraft (now United Technologies) and he gave all Villers kids autographed copies. Alas, this is the only copy this one is all I can find.

Signed with a ballpoint pen now faded, this copy was autographed (ballpoint pen) for my sister Vicki. I found this photo a couple of years ago and scanned it waiting for the time to post it (and that is not me :) A significant and historical 'C'
Week's Favorite. At the Kellogg Environmental Center in Derby CT, we see a turtle looking at the photographer with perhaps a look of disdain or bemusement, apparently asking the paparazzi "Are you looking at me??"
Odd Angle. I think it's angular. The always lovely Patti is taking a selfie of sorts from the passenger seat of the Grand Caravan along I-91 North in Middletown CT.  I suppose the Camera could be a 'C' too. As always, a fun meme Teresa!


5 comments:

  1. Ralph, you have some "C"s that I would have never thought of! Is that turtle out in January? Our turtles are fast asleep I believe. What don't I understand about selfies? Have a great week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good "C's", Ralph. I don't have any Cernan pictures that I can find either. I worked at NASA Houston with Ford Aerospace back then. Skylab also. Your turtle looks like he's happy to be free out there on his rock. That is a different kind of Selfie, in the car outside mirror. Nice.
    We don't dare tell KP about having 7 1/2 cakes because she would want that many. At her school they celebrate a "Not Birthday" for the kids whose BDays are in the summer as it is.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the first shot of Cernan and that last shot id certainly a good camera and reflection shot. I hope you have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a treasure to have that signed photograph. A fascinating piece of history to hold in your hand! The turtle is an excellent shot - I think they are fascinating creatures. Your reflection/angle shot is a fun one - glad to see that the passenger is snapping the pic, and not the driver! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful historic photo and story. Poor turtle basking in the sun, envisions his picture plastered across the tabloids in the grocery checkout aisle! Fun "odd angle" photo.

    ReplyDelete