Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday Hunt, 2017.1

It is Friday, and a new year, so it is time for a new version of Teresa’s fun meme Friday Hunt. We are provided the clues and I have been perusing photos both recent and archived. So away we go…

Starts with A. The easiest is to take a look at the small city in which we are domiciled, Ansonia Connecticut, pop. 19,000. Here is a sign at the city border at the intersection of Marshall Lane and Schumacher Drive. This was taken in August 2004, and the Ansonia Garden Club arranged the flora on the island. And I captured my previous wheelchair van, a 1998 Ford E150. There will be snow tomorrow, so a look a warmer past day is warranted :)


Week's Favorite. Patti wrote an article for our newsletter yesterday that showcased people who operate our favorite consignment shop in Ansonia. They read about an idea to tie scarves to a tree for anyone who needs it during these cold days. They placed them on a tree in front of their shop and at a busy intersection in town.
Beginning. Well, our children began somewhere, so I present evidence here. Each I think were at maybe two months each, pics taken in 1989 and 1991. They are big now, but began as babes needing our protection and guidance. Thanks for a new version of this fun meme!

7 comments:

  1. "A" warm scarf is "A" great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An AMAZING scarf idea Ralph. I seee both babies are ASLEEP! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU and I hope 2027 will be a very healthy year for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea with the scarves to help out the needy Ralph. The Ansonia sign is lovely as are your 2 kiddies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf idea is great - I have a friend on Facebook who crochets scarves all summer and she leaves them outside shelters in the Detroit area in the winter. She has been in the local newspaper for it. A lovely picture of the Ansonia sign. The garden club does such a good job of making the display around it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hanging scarves is a good idea, Ralph. I like your newsletter. The scarf article reminded me once when I was bringing a load of collected books to our local Seaman's Center. I spotted a long bottom shelf full of Zane Grey books all matching, from a collection. When I mention that Grey was my favorite reading material in high school, the lady attendant offered me the entire shelf set. She said the shelf above was empty because she had given the first half of the collection away, a few books at a time. I declined, knowing I could get most all of them to read from the libraries and telling her thanks, but she could keep them for the seamen.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely sign and garden. The scene transports me to a warmer place in time--until the wind starts banging things around outside again. Hanging the scarves is a great idea. Those babies grow up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am watching snow outside my window, so appreciate the glimpse into warmer days. What a wonderful thing for the consignment shop to do! Your babies are adorable! Thanks so much for joining in Friday's Hunt. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete