Friday, January 13, 2017

Friday Hunt, 2017.1.2

It is Friday and time again for Teresa's fun photo meme, Friday Hunt. She gives the clues and now I am ready...

Starts with ‘B’. I have three to share today. The first is bedroom, our kids rooms in mid-1998, the kids aged 9-1/2 and 7-1/2. The boys room also has Bears, the girls with her early collection of American Girls dolls - of course, the historic girls collection is history these days (boo Mattel)…

The next was taken in 1957 in front of our apartment in New York City, Borough of Queens, more specifically, the area known as Bayside. The precise address was 204-07 35th Avenue. My older sister Michele (3), myself (2), Aunt Terry (15) and Grandma are all dressed up for a trip to ‘the City’ (aka Manhattan). Like the grown-up styles of the day, such as a flying saucer hat?
Week’s Favorite. This is a simple gazebo sitting at a park in neighboring Derby. Perhaps is the simplicity of the structure sitting in fresh snow with no footprints - and under a cold Winter sky. 
Creature. Like the look of a male cardinal in its red plumage appearing in a candid shot while relaxing in a leafless forsythia. Thanks Teresa!

5 comments:

  1. Nice pictures, Ralph. We lost a lot of our early family ones in a flood. We forgot they were in the closet or we'd have put them up in the attic. Bedrooms make for good "B" words, I can see. The dolls are nice, I'm wondering how old the American Girl is? I had been thinking she was a recent discovery. I have learned that Fisher Price and American Girl are together in the same company.
    Seems the Cardinals come out in the winter, do they go way north in the winters? Yours is a pretty bird.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see the older photographs and in particular the different styles of clothing and hats. My favourite shop is the one of the gazebo in the snow. I hope you have a wonderful Week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  3. I notice you should get a bonus point for the "B"unny on the bed with the bears! Very cute! I love the picture of the gazebo as well. Such a different look to the summer view, but also beautiful. We do have cardinals here in New Brunswick but I don't get to see one very often. Such a cheerful bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ralph, I enjoy your vintage photos! Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful assortment of B photos! The bears are great. I love the old family photo with it's fashion throw back. I do like the simplicity of the gazebo. Beautiful bird! Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete