Friday, October 5, 2018

The Weekend Roundup, 'N'

I am back this week and ready for Tom's fun meme The Weekend Roundup. The letter this week allows for an eclectic selection of unique and different views. As the Great One said, 'and away we go'...

Begins with 'N' offers a view of Manhattan in New York City. My daughter took the photo with her phone as I was driving (always a good idea :) on the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway northbound. Although a bit pixelated, the expansive skyline and Brooklyn Bridge let us out-of-towners know just where we are...

Sticking with New York City, this is Grandpa on New Year's Eve 1963 (I think) in Times Square. Those of a certain age might remember the BOAC reference...I do!

How about Newborn? This is our son Cameron, and is newborn the correct term for someone three days old?


Near (and Neigh). I don't get close to horses so I'd say this is as closest to a beautiful equine I've been in a wheelchair. This is Huckleberry and he is gorgeous!

Favorite. Patti captured this lovely sunset over downtown Ansonia the other day. A pretty ending to an autumn day. Have a great week all!



4 comments:

  1. That newborn sure has a lot of hair. Reminds me of how much I miss rocking my grands. They are all too big now. I like Huckleberry. Funny, we were driving down the highway the other day and saw a horse trailer with Huckleberry on it. Nice name for a horse. Bu that last picture really caught my eye! Nice Ns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ralph, really nice "N's" for us. Yes, Huckleberry is a pretty horse. I haven't been on a horse since the early 90's, that was in Colorado. I know your Dad enjoyed NYC. You'd never guess but my ex and I were also there in 1963. I think we drove down from New Hampshire, her mom may have come with us.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also meant to appologize,for the small size print on my post, Blogger is messing up for me.
      ..

      Delete
  3. A three day old is definitely a "newborn" such a sweet photo. I'm trying to catch up and trying to get ready for letter "O" Last week was a very busy week for us, and I posted a little late. Love the horse, too!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete