Friday, August 24, 2018

The Weekend Roundup, 'H'

It is time again for Tom's fun meme, The Weekend Roundup. The letter 'H' is featured and I am ready! 


Starts with 'H'. I chose Connecticut's capital city, Hartford. I love the gold dome on the state capitol and the general ambience of the ride in and various sights...

Connecticut state capitol, 1885
The Hartford Public Library extends over an expressway.
Bushnell Park in Downtown Hartford.
Approaching downtown on I-91 North.

It may not be the season this weekend - however there is Halloween...
The always lovely Patti and myself, Halloween 1986
Cameron and Allegra, 2001.
Allegra's first Halloween, 22 months, 1990.
Alice in Wonderland in vinyl, 1993
Horse. awhile back, we visited a farm for abused horses, Lockets meadow in Bethany Connecticut. These horses are gentle giants in this rehabilitation paradise. Note the little girl offering blades of grass for this peaceful equine - and the gentle giant politely accepting the gift.Note the mesh blinders that keep the horseflies from bothering him/her. This looks like a content horse!

4 comments:

  1. I love the image of the little girl and the horse. sweet. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Ralph, I knew that 'H' would be a piece of cake for you! Halloween 1986 put a smile on my face! Thanks for sharing, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking back at all our Halloween costume pics and you sure have some good ones. They make for fun memories. Also loved the little girl feeding the horse. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post bis superb, Ralph !!! So.nice of this farm. I wish more farmers would donate some of their time and resources for doing likewise. I grew up.on a Nebraska farm but it has passed out of our hands quite a while back.
    Halloween is a perfect H-word. You did it ample justice with that good looking couple, you guys.
    We stayed on the Freeway at Hartford always. Now I would like to visit the ARRL Headquarters. Amateur Radio. Have you done that?
    ..

    ReplyDelete