Friday, August 17, 2018

The Weekend Roundup, 'G'

It is a humid Friday in CT, and since it's Friday, time again for Tom's fun photo meme, The Weekend Roundup. Today's letter prompted a look through the archives...

Starts with 'G'. This is Patti's mom as a Grandmother to her Grandkids, Cam (almost 4) and Allegra (almost 6). Taken in 1994, all look happy :) 


Does anyone remember the AMC Gremlin? These pics were taken in March 1978 at the family's East Hartford CT domicile. The car was a 1974 in copper with Gold stripes. Kinda clunky, but the 232 six and TorqueFlite automatic were great. I also like the 1960-70s neighborhood vibe! 

I think that Stained Glass works too. These windows date back to about 1900 and are in the First Congregational Church in Derby, CT.


Favorite. Patti captured this bluejay this morning apparently getting out of the sun in the forsythia. We have a lot of these lovely (if screechy) birds in our yard. Happy weekend to all!




6 comments:

  1. ...Ralph, you should have saved 'H'umid for next week, oh what the heck it well be 'H'umid next Friday too. Oh, I remember the AMC 'G'remlin, what a mistake that car was. I had a Pacer wagon another mistake by AMC. Stain 'G'lass work 'G'reat for me. Yep, a bluejay is a nice screechy bird. Thanks for stopping by, please stop back for 'H'umid week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pick was the Gremlin. I always liked them by their looks. Not sure how dependable they were though. I had a Nash Rambler, 1960 model. It was a good car for us.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the strain glass window Ralph and the itle Jay. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stained Glass and the Bluejay! My good friend had a Gremlin back in the day. That is until she hit a light pole and totaled it. Fortunately she wasn't hurt. And there is nothing better than grands! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do remember the Gremlin. The stained glass is lovely. Fun photo of grandmother with her grands. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ralph!
    I always love seeing pictures of family, new or old, love your first photo ♥ I remember the Gremlin, well! My husband's younger brother had on when we were all still in high school. His was yellow with a black stripe! I love seeing yours, brought back memories!
    Enjoy your week, Dawn

    ReplyDelete