Friday, July 27, 2018

The Weekend Roundup, 'D'

Friday is here so time for  The Weekend Roundup, hosted by Tom. I've been looking around and have found an eclectic mix for this week's post...

Starts with 'D'. I'll go with Grandpa's favorite brand of car, Dodge. (L) In 1959 and my big sister Michele is posing next to Grandpa's 1955 Dodge. Five years later, she is standing in front of Grandpa's new 1964 Dodge station wagon. Same girl, a Dodge and license plate. Kids grow fast! 
One of the advantages of using a wheelchair is the views down low. Such as the Dodge script on the hub cap on a beautiful 1936 Dodge. Sharp eyed viewers might see the photog in the reflection...
Double. Awhile back, we did get a double yolk in a single shell. Bon Appétit!
Favorite. Patti captured this expansive view of Ansonia from Fountain Lake. It sits at an elevation of about 340 ft / 104 M above sea level while downtown Ansonia is at about 100 ft. I love this view of our small city!

3 comments:

  1. I do love seeing the old cars in old pictures. Love the wheel and I did spy the photographer. :) I haven't seen a double yolked egg in a long time. Nice view of the city. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice family car post, Ralph. There were three Dodge cars in my life. 1st, my ex's parents had a '55 when they me and married. 2nd, they bought a new 57 with tail fins after their son painted the 55 purple. Then years later I bought a used 1984 Dodge 600 convertible. Before that our older daughter was handed down the '57 and still later the 600.
    From the high spot, Ansonia looks like a very pretty town. With it's population of 19K I suppose it is similar to our Katy, Texas, with 16. But our surrounding metro area, the Katy Independent School District has a population of 309K. Essentially we are a suburb of Houston. We have a Katy RFD post office address but the little town of Fulshear has anexation rights over us. Our subdivision is Cinco Ranch II. In the 2010 Census, Cinco I had a population of 18K and Cinco II was not developed. Now we are about the size of the 1st section.
    TMI?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...it interesting how families attached to a certain car brand. Ralph I always love your vintage photos. I eat eggs for breakfast every morning and I can't remember the last time that I had a double yolk. Ansonia looks like a special place. Thanks Ralph for sharing, I hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete