Friday, July 13, 2018

The Weekend Roundup, 'B'

It is Friday so time for another round of a favorite meme, The Weekend Roundup, hosted by Tom. We are working with the second letter of the alphabet this week and we traverse a bit of history while doing so...

Starts with 'B', and a favorite, is Brothers. I hadn't seen my brother Chris (CP) in ages. He is USAF retired and lives in Utah and our paths rarely cross until a family wedding on June 30 where we were captured at the reception. CP is seated behind...

Of course, we Brothers were captured in the past too. Left is Jan. 1, 1983 when he completed basic training. To the right we met again at a family function, July 1992.

Another 'B' takes me back to when I was small and my dad was a travel writer for UPI in New York. An exciting job that paid little alas. However, I'm looking back to 1962 at the Berlin Wall, on the West Berlin side. My father looks so grim in these scenes. Look at the buildings flanking the wall - the windows were walled off so no East Berliner could jump to freedom in the West. A terrible era...
However, Berlin was reunified and in 1991, this sign says so. The American, British and French sectors were West Berlin (the Soviets had East Berlin). Can you guess who took this pic? It was my Brother CP! Have a great week.




No comments:

Post a Comment