Friday, March 2, 2018

The Weekend Roundup 'I'

It's been a rainy and windy nor'easter today in New England. But it is Friday, so time again for Tom's fun meme The Weekend Roundup (hope you are enjoying the Aloha State :) This week's letter took a bit of searching in the archives but examples were found...

There is Industrial. This is the defunct Ansonia Copper and Brass, closed in 2013. However, our small city owns this complex now, will be demolished, the land remediated and be open for development within the next couple of years...see the slideshow below the photos to see the beginning of an Industrial revival..




This slideshow I created showcases this old Industrial factory in its faded glory...
Another 'I' is Itasca State Park in Minnesota. Lake Itasca is the headwaters of the mighty Mississippi River that travels over 2,300 miles (3,700 km) to the Gulf of Mexico. You can wade across the river as I did in 1983 - I was walking then and I did! These pics are from 1983.
Inside. I looked around and around - and chose when I was Inside my van. Patti took it from the passenger seat along upper State Street in New Haven. 

Here are beautiful stained glass windows Inside St. Margaret Mary Church in South Windsor CT. Aloha Tom!

3 comments:

  1. Loved the music with the video and those staon glass wondows are stunning. Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to search to get my I's, too. Love those windows! Creative shot for inside! Hope your weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beauty in those stained window colours. I liked your chronicle of the former industrial site. I hope that whatever new development happens there is something interesting and not just concrete slab buildings.

    ReplyDelete