Saturday, March 10, 2018

Shadow Shot Sunday 2 - Soaring Shadows

It is time again for a long-time favorite meme hosted by MMT, Shadow Shot Sunday 2. Today, I am going back to the Summer of 1984 sans wheelchair in those days. A salesman I worked with had recently received his pilot's license and knew I had an interest - and invited me to tag along in his Piper Cherokee Six. In this view, we are flying over Pratt & Whitney Aircraft in East Hartford on a Sunday morning - the closest building was where I worked M-F. At an altitude of 1500 ft (366 M), plenty of shadows emanate from the structures, trees and parked cars. I cannot climb into an airplane these days, so I am happy to see my workplace then from aloft and not from ground level...

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh a different perspective always opens our minds doesn't it? But it's kind of hard to remember times when we were more in charge of our bodies.

    ReplyDelete