Friday, February 9, 2018

The Weekend Roundup 'F'

Tom hosts the fun meme The Weekend Roundup, and I am ready with a few blasts from the past to take cars of this week's favorite letter at least :)

Begins with 'F' starts with Family, this being the Villers family of East Hartford, CT. This I believe to be Eater Sunday 1969 with all seven children. (one more since 1964 and last week's post there were only six). Note the late '60s hair and with my gold blazer and turtleneck...where's the chain?
Then there is a Field where I stand in 1983. Guess where the field is? It is in Fargo North Dakota!
Another 'F' is Flat. The day was July 30, 1983, the place is the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport, the flat are the two tires on the starboard side of a United Airlines 737 from Chicago. The flat occurred upon landing at MSP. I captured this as we awaited the bus...It just felt like a flat tire on your vehicle  
Finally there is Ford, this being another view of my Ford E-150 van that I had from 1998-2010. It was a great vehicle but really big and used a lot of gas. I donated it with 158,000 miles (254,000 km). It had at least another 100K miles of life in it, a very durable vehicle indeed...
Flower. Here is a flower (weed) growing through a rock. quite a feat I'd say! This is at the Savin Rock by Long island Sound in West Haven, CT.
Favorite. The always lovely Patti captured tis Blue Jay taking off from the roof. 'I'm outta here' he seems to say! Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. ...well Ralph, it looks like 'F' 'f'it you just 'f'ine this week. Thanks for stopping by, let's do this again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at old photos, doesn't matter who they belong to. Your family group photo is wonderful, I was 17 on Easter in 1969! So I was probably wearing this same style! One Easter I remember was when the "Mary Poppins" hat was in style for girls, I had one that I wore to church! I lived in CT with my parents and one brother. I look back on a wonderful childhood.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that blue jay shot that Patti captured - so much energy in that pose. What a lot of great pictures you came up with for the F-theme this week. That flat tire on the jet is a bit scary but I guess it happens fairly frequently. Those tires are subjected to a lot of pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi RalpH ~~ I think that flower is a thistle. Some of them have very pretty flowers. On our farm, one of my chores was to hoe down all the thistles that grew up.
    ..

    ReplyDelete