Friday, February 16, 2018

The Weekend Roundup 'G'

Ah, the weekend is here and time for Tom's fun meme The Weekend Roundup, this week featuring the letter 'G' which begins this week's post...

I begin with my Grandparents, Ralph and Agnes Villers. To the left, they are at their 50th anniversary service on August 21, 1976 at St. Peter's Church in Steubenville, Ohio. The entire family went to this wonderful event. To the right, I believe this to be their wedding day in 1926. Can't be totally sure, but they do look happy :)
On the next day (Aug. 22, 1976) of that fun weekend, we also see Grandchildren, my Dad and Aunt Terry (their children), their spouses and 12 grandkids. Here is by the pool at the Steubenville Holiday Inn. I'm in the back row, third from the right.
Then there is Glassware on display at Country Cottage in Seymour, CT. They sell an eclectic array of home decor, estate jewelry, seasonal items, and more.
Favorite. I love this photo that the always lovely Patti. This view of Pickett’s Pond at Osbornedale State Park in Derby CT. I know it's Winter, but this may be illusory. Look closely, you might even think it’s summer instead. I see an azure sea with gentle whitecaps breaking at the shore. And I see the horizon with fair weather clouds above a calm sea. What do you see?  
Finally, there is Green. More specifically, the New Haven CT Green on a Spring day a few years ago. I'm looking forward to green leaves (and warm temps) in a couple of months!

r: both; text-align: center;">

5 comments:

  1. ...Ralph, another nice look back in the family photo album. This weekend's storm will lengthen the wait to see green. Thanks for stopping by, please come again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great memories and wonderful to have al these photographs of your fmaily members. Love the stone wall and bullrushe in what is also my favoueite image today. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of the grandparents and the grandchildren. What a great gathering. Love your favorite photo and all the variety of textures in it. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful letter "G" pictures! I love old family photos, I bet a lot of memories in that group photo :) Enjoy your week.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture of the family with the old style hotel - reminds me of a few places we stayed in my childhood. The shot of the ocean and the cattail reeds is beautiful - I tried really hard to ignore the snow and focus on the blue skies and "whitecaps" instead! I, too, am longing for warmer, green days!

    ReplyDelete