Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday Hunt 2017.2.24

It is a cold Friday in CT and my outdoor activities have been limited, so indoors is the place to be for Teresa's fun meme Friday Hunt. Onward to the prompts... 

Starts with 'X'. I don't have any pics that start with 'X'. However, when filing all pics from Christmas, I include in the filename the word 'Xmas' and the year for easier sorting. Since 'Xmas' is a common abbreviation for the holiday, I'll take the liberty of using this for the letter. These are from, I believe, 1946 and they are my wonderful Aunt Terry and Grandma (Agnes) during that season. The photo file names are captioned.
File: 1946_Xmas-01.jpg
File: 1946_Xmas-02.jpg
File: 1946_Xmas-03.jpg
Craft. Our friend Rich is an artist (in any medium) including watercolors. He holds a number of watercolor classes at local libraries for free or nominal prices. This was at the Derby CT Public Library, and he is a great teacher for those who want to try watercolors.    And Patti tried her hand at watercolors in one of his classes, the subject cardinals. 

Change. It is amazing the change from potted pepper plants in our yard to these yummy (and hot) peppers harvested in August. This was a very tasty change indeed! Also these pics look so nice in and far warmer than today!

3 comments:

  1. Love seeing the old photographs. I do not use the "common" usage of the word xmas as it means you have taken Chrit OUT of Christmas and I believe that the true mmeaning of Christmas has Christ at the center. Have a great weeokend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...1946 was a great year, I was my parents Christmas or "X"mas present that year! Have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti did really good with that Cardinal painting. Have a MERRY XMAS, Ralph. You and Patti.
    ..

    ReplyDelete