Friday, December 1, 2017

Friday Hunt 2017.2.22

It is the first Friday of December - shorter and colder days perhaps, but like every Friday, time for the great meme, Friday Hunt, kindly hosted by Teresa. Onward to the prompts...

Starts with 'V'. That one is easy! My last name is Villers, the family and I owned Volkswagens and the Villers family went on Vacations in the distant past, so the vacations in today's post are today are Vintage.
A Vintage Villers Vacation in 1961 in the briny Atlantic low tide in Brigantine, New Jersey. Only five children watched over by Aunt Terry.
In Atlantic City, 1965. A great Vacation, and notice how mom picked matching plaid for the girls - and coordinating plaid for my shorts!
Here is an early slideshow of the 1965 vacation in Atlantic City
My brother at age 4 by the family 1964 VW Beetle. Our family also owned a 1968 VW Type 2 Microbus. Cool kid in '69, he's the sibling who lives in Utah.
This was my favorite vehicle, a 1982 VW Rabbit L, manual transmission and A/C, basic. But it was reliable and fun. I only sold it because we both owned 2-door VW's with a baby on the way and the older one had to leave the nest...
 
Festive. This was from a surprise 60th birthday party at our home in 1991. I think the Garfield balloon and streamers gifts give a festive air the day after.

Wood. Our kitchen was renovated awhile back. The cabinets and trim were made of wood. I think :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Ralph. I too like VW's and had one, a 1961 white sedan with a sliding cloth top roof. After the BIG SPLIT it was my only car for a while. The Wagon, a newer Ford, when with the kids and their mom. I am thinking that all those sisters spoiled you a lot. It was 1961 when the ex and I and four kids moved up to New Hampshire. We stayed three years before my transfer to Houston at the Johnson Space Center. That 60th party must have been fun, I liked the large balloon. We've been gone for a bit and it's nice to be back visiting.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Ralph, I enjoyed your Vintage Villers Vacation, what wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete