Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday Hunt 2017.2.7

Friday arrives as does an excellent meme, Friday Hunt, hosted by Teresa. The prompts this week compelled me to go to the archives - so now I am ready :)

Starts with 'G'. I thought and thought and found what works: Graduate. I was looking at graduates I have known that spanned the decades. The top row left is my Dad as a Graduate, Ohio's Bowling Green State University, 1950, with my mom, his intended bride alongside. To the right is son Cameron, University of Hartford, 2013.
Allegra graduates Ansonia High School in 2006 with a rainbow overhead, a perfect metaphor to a bright future. At the other end is Cameron 'graduating' from Small World Nursery school, age 4, 1995. 
Bottom row is myself graduating Franciscan University in 1977 (one can guess my age :) and Allegra graduating the U of Hartford in 2010. Plenty of Graduates here!
Candy. Halloween, in my experience, is the place to start looking for candy. Here are the kids after going out for Halloween, Allegra and Cameron examine their largesse after their trick-or-treating in 2004. Looks delicious if unfriendly should someone be carb averse, although for the two teenagers in our home then, it was not a problem...
Latch. This door is at a local BBQ restaurant, House of Bones in Derby, CT. It is in an old building along a rail siding, and this is the door at the old train dock. I think there is a latch somewhere on this massive century old steel door. Great prompts this week! 

5 comments:

  1. ...graduates works for me! What a haul of candy! A super bullet proof latch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I woud say if they eat all that candy they wil have no teeth by now1 Love all the shots of graduations. Have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of graduating going on! Good choice! Ah, yes, the candy bash of the year. We looked forward to all that candy then. Lots of history in that door. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite a lot of graduates. Very impressive academic credentials for your family. Love the witch costume. Great door and latch. Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. I apologize for being so late in visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of graduates - they should all be very proud of their accomplishments. I particularly love the rainbow shot - what a magical moment. The witch hat is fabulous! The door you chose is quite unusual, and appears to have a whole system of latches. Great find!

    ReplyDelete