Friday, August 11, 2017

Friday Hunt 2017.2.5

Friday is here as is Teresa's fun photo meme, Friday Hunt. She provides the prompts and we happily seek same...

Starts with 'F'. After perusing my files, I found three that ought to work :) On top, my father was a reporter for UPI and gad the opportunity to be a passenger on a USAF fighter, more specifically, a Republic F-105, and write about it. Dad is on the right. I don't know who the pilot was, but his handle was obviously 'The Texan'. I believe this to be in 1960 at Nellis AFB near Las Vegas. I'd love to find that article in print...
Next is a car I saw in a local parade in 2014. It is an original Fiat 500 Cinquecento, the cute and tiny two-cylinder air-cooled postwar Fiat. It looks friendly and even flashy in its brilliant red paint. Today's Fiat 500L looks small, but is actually 23 in (58 mm) longer. Cute is as cute does...
This is at a food-truck festival in Shelton CT last year. And, this one is from Fryborg who sells unique tasty french-fries and sandwiches. Two years ago I ordered special Fries covered with andoule sausage, pickles and a spicy Creolaise sauce evoking New Orleans. Fabulous! If you want this truck at your event in southern CT, you have to order it months in advance - it is that popular. Carb laden comfort food :)
New. I had to think about it a bit, but chose New York City. Patti captured both in 2013 as a passenger seat along the infamous Brooklyn-Queens Expressway in 2013. We see this new Freedom Tower and a classic look at the famous Manhattan skyline that make us think of NYC
Self portrait. This was taken in 2010, but my features are not all that different today. All but my hair that is...way more gray today. Thanks Teresa!

5 comments:

  1. ...Ralph, once again I enjoy your B&Ws from the past. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo of your Dad with that pilot - and a lot of good ideas for covering the letter F. I like your self portrait - you look very studious. Those reflector sunglasses hark back to the pilot shot, too. I love the little red Fiat - I can picture myself driving that car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome picture of your daddy with the pilot and the plane. I have a subscription to an old newspaper database and maybe I could find that article for you. If you could let me know your daddy's name, I will do a search for the article and send it to you if I find it.

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you! I love the image of your dad and the pilot. That would be amazing to find the journal article. Hope you can and share it with us. Nice images of NYC. Thanks so much for joining in Friday's Hunt. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete