Friday, November 10, 2017

Friday Hunt 2017.2.19

Friday returns as does a great meme, Friday Hunt posted by Teresa. Onward to the prompts…

Starts with ’S’. Given my heritage, Steubenville, Ohio is my first ’S’, this being a parking structure in the city in 1955. Called pigeon hole parking, here the steel bodied cars are stacked nicely…
Here is a marquee on the Strand Theater in our neighbor of Seymour CT. Patti and I saw this collection of one-act plays by David Ives performed by the local Sterling Lion theater group in June. It was witty and fun!
Here are stained glass windows. I was impressed with these views at St. Margaret Mary Church in South Windsor, CT.
Metal. I think this is metal - but what kind (or what it may be) is a mystery.
Mineral. I choose diamond. These are Patti’s rings that had to be cut off six years ago prior to surgery. Not to worry, a local jewelry maker laser welded them back together and looks as seamless as ever. Nice prompts this week Teresa!

3 comments:

  1. Nice collection of photos. I immediately started naming the make of cars by identifying the grill work. Oh, when autos all looked a little different enough to identify.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Ralph, a question for you, I've found several 'Strand' theaters in my travels. Were they part of a chain years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby loves the old car picture - he's a vintage auto fan. I love the metal sculpture - such an interesting shape and pleasing lines. Glad those rings were able to be repaired without difficulty - that's an art!

    ReplyDelete