Friday, November 3, 2017

Friday Hunt 2017.2.18

Friday is here and time again for Teresa's fun meme, Friday Hunt. And away we go... 

Starts with 'R'. Naturally, I start with my name…I am in the middle as Ralph III, Grandpa (Ralph I) to the left and Dad (Ralph II) to the right. On the Atlantic at Brigantine, NJ, summer of 1964.
I thought about this, but thought it works as an ‘R’. It is me on my 18th birthday, and it is an age of majority card I.D. which meant I could legally purchase alcohol in 1973. I look the part of a sullen 18 year old with ‘70s long hair…
Finally here I am in college in 1975 in the fashion bane of the era - plaid. Hey, everybody just loved plaid back then :) 
Glow. I chose these two from Feb. 10, and it is the glowing moon taken across the street from our home. It is a clear moon with an almost amber glow. It was a cold night the day after a snowstorm and a perfectly clear sky.
Vegetable. I had this as an entrée at a fabulous restaurant, Carmines, in New Haven CT. It was delicious roasted vegetables, eggplant, asparagus, zucchini and peppers. Great eating and prompts this week Teresa!




3 comments:

  1. ...a great look at "R"alph through the years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love plaid! I even have a couple of plaid quilted barn jackets (which somehow still seem to be 'modern' style). That veggie dish looks fabulous - I love asparagus but I won't be having any until spring around here. The winter stuff isn't very flavourful. I love the moon shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paid keeeps coming back in now and again. I loved seeing you over the years Ralph. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete