Friday, April 13, 2018

The Weekend Roundup 'O'

It is Friday, so time again for Tom's great meme The Weekend Roundup. The letter prompt is 'O' which offers unique opportunities...

This is the famous (in Connecticut anyway) Olympia Diner on the Berlin Turnpike in Newington CT. They make the absolute best corned beef hash anywhere IMO. Hash with scrambled eggs is my go-to there!
This is a unique pic with an'O'. I believe this to be from late 1927. The baby is my father, born 19 October 1927, and taken at their home in Steubenville, Ohio. My grandmother is to the left - her maiden name was Agnes O'Hanlon!
This is the gateway to the hometown of Dino Paul Crocetti, aka: Dean Martin, Steubenville, Ohio from 1999
A favorite. Patti was at the Seymour Pink pasta dinner the other day. I don't know what, but the blend of pink fingernails, wine glasses and pink flowers, it just looks so artistic. Thanks for the prompts Tom!        

4 comments:

  1. ...the Olympia Diner looks like a great place, I'd love to drive my '50 Ford into the drive. thanks for the history lesson about Dino Paul Crocetti, aka: Dean Martin, in Steubenville, Ohio! Pink isn't my color, but this sure is a good cause. Thanks Ralph for stopping by, I hope the see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind trying some of the hash and eggs. Sounds delish. Beautiful pink shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ralph. I like diners, your Olympia Diner looks really great. My favorite diner meal is breakfast. I'm wondering if you've eaten there.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the jaunty hat on the young lady to the far right in your vintage picture. What a great shot. I also really like all the pinks in your favourite picture - makes me feel like spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete