Friday, September 15, 2017

Friday Hunt 2017.2.11

Friday Hunt, hosted by Teresa, is here on a warm and humid day in Southern New England. Not that I’m complaining with what the weather events lave been in Houston and Jacksonville, but this a blog that keeps my mind off the news!

Starts with ‘K’. I have a few of. First is from a vacation from 2006 (and the last time we were there, Kalmus Beach on Hyannis Harbor on Cape Cod. It is a neat place as there is one beach on the harbor (see the nice sailboats at their anchorages)…and another sandy seascape around the corner on Nantucket sound. Two entirely different beaches that share the same parking lot/car park…
Then there is Karate, here at last year’s Ansonia Harvest Festival street fair. These two have been paying attention to their teachers!
Stinky. I couldn’t find the obvious (skunk?) but found from December 1980 a swamp in Florida’s Martin County. I don’t remember if it did, but perhaps a brackish swamp might fit the bill. Or not…
Old. Perhaps a bone-shaker bicycle on steel tires with no springs from the 1880’s will do nicely. What a difference when compared wit today’s bicycles with titanium frames, 21-speeds and suspensions. Back then, who cared about springs? Great prompts Teresa!

7 comments:

  1. ...Ralph, I was looking for a skunk road-kill and I could find out when I needed one. Man have bikes come along ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, Ralph. I loved Cape cod when we visited in 2005.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done Ralph....I found this weeks hunt tricky....what a week to return to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bike looks like hard riding around the neighborhood.
    Getting some speed up on the highway might be easier.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots. I'll have to give that meme a try
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late visiting again - work is keeping me way too busy. I definitely need a few days on that beautiful beach. I'd even take the swamp for a few days! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the old bicycle. Even if it's stinky, the swamp is lovely. Love the great action shots! Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. So sorry I'm late visiting.

    ReplyDelete