Friday, August 4, 2017

Friday Hunt 2017.2.5

Friday returns and it is time again for the fun photo meme Friday Hunt, hosted by Teresa. The prompts this edition are great and I am ready...

Starts with 'E'. The first is a town I grew up in suburban East Hartford, CT. The house on Wickham was the Villers abode, and I have two from 1963, around Christmastime, before and after a snowfall. I was aged 9 (Grade 3, O'Connell School) on the bicycle. See the kids jumping rope - TV was only only electronic device and mom made us go outside "to get some air"...

Drops. Here is in 2003, along I-195 as I am driving the family is on our way to a Cape Cod. It rained on the way, and who wants rain at the beach? As I recall, the plentiful rain drops ended before we arrived in Hyannis. 
Happy. The first day pf school, August 30.1995. Our son Cameron starting Kindergarten, our daughter Allegra (much more experienced going into second grade :) posing with genuine smiles as they await school to begin. Happy indeed!

6 comments:

  1. I like your old pictures, Ralph. Is the car in the first picture a 60's vintage Rambler? I had a '60 station wagon. I suppose Mom's are still sending their kids out for fresh air. It is good for them. Nice first-day-school picture, a common custom still. Did you ride the bus?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I remember my Mum saying the exact same thing Ralph and we got TV in 1953 to see the queens Coronation. Love the Happy shot of your children. Have a wonderdul weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun pics of your childhood home and pastimes. Glad you got the rain out of the way before vacation! The first day of school was always fun to dress up and get to see one's friends again. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...Ralph, I always enjoy your look back with vintage photos. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great vintage pics of your childhood home Ralph - I love the watchful parent in the window. These days, so many kids have parents who are watching their devices more than their kids! Also good to get some air even in winter! That picture of rain on the way to the beach reminds me of the drive my parents and I took to Florida in 1977, from Ontario Canada. We went via Detroit/Windsor and the snowstorm there was insane, and almost made us turn back. We made it eventually though, and had a lovely Christmas on the beach that year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy seeing these glimpses into the past with your family. Nice to see the before and after with the snow. Cute smiles on the kids. Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete